- You are welcome to visit our store and cider mill for free - there is an admission charge if you choose to enter the Country Fair - Parking is always FREE!
- Some people think God created Wiard's Orchards right after he created the garden of Eden, but Wiard's has only been around for 178 years.
- Wiard's provided apples and cider vinegar for the Union troops during the Civil War.
- Wiard's relatives in New York made cannons for the Union troops during the Civil War.
- The ice cream cone was invented in 1904 - 67 years after Wiard's was founded!
- Over the years Wiard's has made more than 3 million gallons of cider.
- Wiard's has grown over 7 million apples since 1837 - laid side by side that's enough to circle the globe almost two times!
- The seventh generation of the Wiard family is currently involved in running the farm.
- Wiard's was the very first orchard in the United States to add a haunted attraction to our entertainment offerings.
- Famous companies started in 1837 the same year as Wiard's!
John Deere, Tiffany & Co., Proctor and Gamble, Herm'es, Wayne School Bus Co.
- The land for Wiard's Orchards was purchased the same year (1837) that Chicago became a city.
- Wiard's was founded in 1837. We have now been serving our community for over 177 years!
- In a calendar year, Wiard's provides part-time employment for over 300 people in our community.
- Since Wiard's started making donuts in 1964, we have made over 15,625,600 donuts. Laid end to end, that's enough donuts to stretch from Wiard's to Walt Disney World!
- Wiard's was founded 86 years before television was invented by John Baird in 1923.
- In 1837, when Wiard's was founded, Martin Van Buren was president—there have been 36 presidents elected since!